Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I don't have a type, but...

(Warning, this may be the most un-pc blog I ever write...maybe.)


(...see that's the thing with this topic, my bff and I discussed it and apparently when guys like only Asian girls, it has to do with cultural differences, submissive vs. dominant and so forth... And then we got into why Hispanic guys like white girls, and how I work in sushi restaurant with Asian girls and everyone has the hots for them, but the Hispanic kitchen guys have the hots for me, and wow... tangent!) (Whereas in my case its just because their legs are less hairy. The Asian guys, not girls, wait what were we talking about?) (Oh yeah, this entry is about why I'm attracted to Asian guys.)

Why I Am Attracted to Asian Guys

Being an online dater, I recently signed up for a paid site; having been encouraged by others that I would find more legit, relationship-wanting types on there. One of the first things I noticed (besides, "Oh shit, I spent money, shit got real! I better find someone!") was that I was more attracted to the Asian guys on there. Part of it may be that I'm still reeling about the last guy I dated, who was Burmese, and who I thought was the one. But then I shook that off and decided there were other reasons for this sudden realization that I'm attracted to this "type".

Ironically, tonight a few of my friends asked me what my type was (assuming that maybe I was going for the wrong type and should broaden my scope). I have a speech written out for this very question:
"The only thing any of my former boyfriends have in common is that they were male. If you put them in a room together, they probably wouldn't be friends." Oh, and none of them were Asian.


Ok, I dated someone who was half Filipino, half Black (and all gorgeous! Though I had to end things when he played air keyboard way too long at a club).

Anyway, I also was told I need some pictures in my blog, so this is a good excuse...

Reason #1 (sort of in no particular order)
Senor G (names have been changed to protect identity), Senor G was a half Dutch, half Japanese guy in my high school. He was handsome, played piano, sports, super smart, super artistic, super slut. For some reason that Dutch/Japanese combo = gorgeous. I had another female friend in HS with the same combo and what what, gorgeous!
But superman here was a cocky bastard. Still, a stepping stone.

Reason #2
(Now we get to the pictures)
Bruce Lee
Dude, yellow jump suit, ripped body, can we say hot!?!
I had the box set of his movies, and a Bruce Lee shrine in my first apartment. More because it was funny to have a shrine, and I happened to have a Bruce Lee bobble head, but still... hot.

Reason #3
Sulu
 
Here's where he is defending a woman's honor. Oh, and his facebook presence is hilarious.

#4
Joy Luck Club with Russell Wong
Seriously, he eats watermelon in this movie, and it one of THE sexiest things I have ever seen. Oh, and he's wearing a suit, but his character is an ass, but who cares because SUIT and WATERMELON!
 
#5
Mother Fuckin RUFIO!

 Bangarang baby!

Only to be undone by how hot he is now!

#6
Steven Yeun, Walking Dead

 
 Seriously, once he got rid of the baseball cap, I swooned. Maggie is a lucky fictional character to get to tap that!

#7
John Cho

 Need I say more...

#8
Brandon Lee, pre "The Crow"

Yes, that's what he was famous for, but he did movies before that. Go rent them.
Oh, and I just realized "Sea Urchin boy" from my previous posts is a spitting image of him.

#9
Ken Jeong

Dude, funny as hell AND he's a doctor!

#10
Honorable Mentions
Or, I'm really tired so look these guys up yo'self!

Jay Chou, Green Hornet
Toshiro Mifune, legend
Ken Watanabe, Memoirs of a Geisha
Chang Chen, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon


So, I don't know what it is. But it's there.

Of course, when I was in Tokyo, thinking I'd stick out like a sore thumb, not one guy even batted an eye at me.
But, at least it was fun looking at (in my opinion) hot guys to put on my blog.




p.s. Keep your fingers crossed that some 6' hawt Asian guy falls for me online. Or I meet John Cho.

No comments:

Post a Comment