Sunday, August 11, 2013

Why I NOW like the movie "Bridesmaids"

When I first saw the movie, Bridesmaids, I thought... "Ug, they finally make a movie with all female comedians and they make them all pathetic!" Why can't a movie with all females have them be rich girls with daddy issues like most of the Adam Sandler movies I shamelessly watch (and know word for word). Or where they're the ones who ask the guy to leave in the morning and have no emotional connection for the opposite sex except to use them for their body, until the guy who is their best friend suddenly changes all that? Can we PLEASE redo a romcom with the roles reversed??

Ok, done with that rant, back to the OG point.

I was encouraged to watch it again, by my therapist. She was reminded of the opening scene where Kristen Wiig can't get out of the guy's house, she just slept with, the next morning; after I told her about leaving sea urchin boy's house when my car wouldn't go in reverse.

So, I watched it again. And this time I freakishly connected with the main character, realized how many times I was her and how real this movie was. Brash, blatant, and to the point. She is in so many situations that many of us have been in, and has thus put a mirror up for us to see the truth.

And that truth isn't always pretty.

I too have slept with a guy(s) who thought he was the shit and that I wasn't good enough. They weren't as built, or as handsome as the guy in the film (though the guy in the film quickly looses all handsome points based on his personality).  One was actually short, skinny, bald AND super obsessed with his mustache... and thought I wasn't good enough for him, and HE was the one who decided we should stop sleeping together!

Why do we waste our time Kristen Wiig?? We are better then these guys who think they're better than us!


There were a few other moments in the movie that really made sense, but I've forgotten them and now have to watch the movie again to finish this blog (or not) at a later time.




And now I'm also really annoyed by mustaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment