Thursday, August 29, 2013

Can someone please illustrate this please!!!!! (or, How to Care for your Ambivert)

So, first read this:

http://amorerising.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/how-to-love-your-ambivert/

Now, go find me someone to illustrate it so it makes sense to others...




Ok, done? Great.

Here's what happened. I was on my couch (about 30 minutes ago) trying to take a nap, but instead crying because I'm going to a concert tonight alone and with a group of people. How is that possible you may ask? Well, I'm going with a group of classmates, one who is a friend, but is extroverted, so immediately forgets I'm there the minute she see's her other friends. The others will just ignore me the whole night because I'm not an extrovert and they are poopy jerkfaces. (Sorry, I still need a nap).

In the midst of trying to nap, but crying instead, I decided to see if there was something online about how to care for someone who wasn't an extrovert OR introvert (Actually I was just going to write my own and then hope someone would illustrate it). When I happened across "Ambiverts". It explains some of my conundrum, but not completely.

I still think this article is missing something that I, and maybe other, Ambiverts are missing, but first a little background:

Currently I am in a nursing program, meaning my schedule changes every 3-4 months, money is an issue, I have to study and miss out on a lot of life, so people forget about you, I'm single.


This is coupled with:

Many of my friends either don't live nearby,  or are married,  or have kids,  or work long hours,  and/or work very different hours than I do,  or are only available when I'm working and studying.

= Lonely

What this article needs to address, is that it's lonely to be an Ambivert. You ARE adaptable, you ARE accommodating, you ARE a balance of both worlds. But this can lead to difficulty making friends, especially if they fit either of the other two types.

The Extrovert friend already has lots of friends and plans, and you tend to get lost in the mix.

The Introvert friend doesn't want to go out, or wants to go home early.

Don't get me wrong, both can be great friends on different levels. But what do you do until you get to that point?

As an Ambivert I watch as my introverted friends complain about all the fun plans they HAVE to go to on the weekend and my extroverted friends have TOO many plans AND friends to bother to invite me.


It has left me in this frustrating state of doing everything alone, going to Target WAY too much (late at night, to get out of the house) and in a general state of annoyance.

What I really need is a few friends who are available, live nearby, like to go out, can go out, and do go out. I'm not complaining about my other friends, I am very grateful for them. What I'm getting at here, is that as a single, childless, student, I NEED some friends of similar status who go out and do things in my neck of the woods, on a regular basis.


And someone to illustrate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment